BSc Veterinary Physiotherapy
Equine-Librium College’s BSc Veterinary Physiotherapy degree is structured to qualify ethical, professional, hands-on Veterinary Physiotherapists who can deliver a world class service to their clients and work efficiently within the Veterinary Health Team.
This is achieved by ensuring a thorough and comprehensive programme, focusing on integrating theoretical knowledge into practical skills. The programme offers a high load of practical hands-on and work integrated learning experience to prepare the student for the working world. The College is the first institution in the world to offer a full-time professional degree directly into the field of Veterinary Physiotherapy.
The South African Veterinary Council promulgated the para-veterinary profession of Veterinary Physiotherapy in 2017. This means that it’s a regulated profession, with a set Scope of Practise, Day One Skills and minimum standards of training. All persons wanting to offer services in this field, in South Africa, must register with SAVC. Our degree is also accepted by SAVC for automatic registration, upon successful completion.
- First application closing date 30 June of the preceding year
- Second application closing date 30 October of the preceding year
- Only 16 students are accepted in the first year. The first 10 student allocations are made in July.
The following should accompany your Application Form:
- A Curriculum Vitae (especially pertaining to your experience with Equines/Canines/Felines/other animals)
- Certified copy of your National Senior Certificate (NSC) or National Certificate (Vocational) (NVC) or latest statement of symbols
- Application fee – Proof of payment
- A certified copy of other related qualifications
- Letter of request for RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) of any subjects, if applicable.
- Please include the subject outcomes along with this letter.