Any person who wishes to register at the College for the first time or after an interruption of studies is required to apply or re-apply for admission. Applications for admission to the program close on the 28th of September of the year prior to the study.
Admission & Selection Process
Any person who wishes to register at the College for the first time or after an interruption of studies, is required to apply or re-apply for admission. Applications for admission to the program close on 30 June of the year prior to study, late applications will be considered until 30 October.
Entry requirements have been set in accordance with the HEQSF (CHE,2013), the Higher Education Act for Minimum Entrance Requirements (Government Gazette No. 32743, 2009), and the Amendments to the Higher Education Act for Minimum Entrance Requirements (Government Gazette No. 42068, 2018).
The minimum entry requirement:
National Senior Certificate (NSC) or the National Certificate (Vocational) (NCV) with 50% or greater in Mathematics & Physical Sciences as well as in two additional 20 credit NCS subjects.
All applicants who obtained a school-leaving qualification other than the National Senior Certificate or IEB must submit a Certificate of Exemption from USAf.
Alternatively, a Higher Certificate or an Advanced Certificate or Diploma in a medical, veterinary, animal-related, allied health professional, or health sciences cognate field would suffice.
Students who completed a tertiary education qualification in a country other than South Africa should apply for a SAQA evaluation
All candidates with school-leaving qualifications will be required to submit NBT results.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for exemption:
Applicants who meet the entry criteria of a programme and believe that they have acquired the relevant knowledge and experience for a particular module/s through prior experience or other forms of learning (informal), may apply for exemption from those modules through RPL.
The following guidelines will apply to RPL for exemption:
- RPL applications are evaluated against the modular outcomes of the particular module/s applied for; RPL cannot be used to grant an individual exemption from a full qualification, in terms of the CHE’s policy only 50 % of a qualification may be exempted.
- Exemption/s granted for module/s in higher education that is/are obtained through RPL, do not have any credits assigned to them; and
- Applicants will be required to complete and pass an RPL assessment (minimum of 50%) to be exempted from the module.
The following should accompany your application form:
The following documents need to be submitted along with your application:
- Application Form, this can be downloaded from our website, alternatively, the form can be requested via email from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- R1000 Application Fee (Banking details can be obtained from email@example.com) Please include proof of payment along with the application.
- A Certified Copy of ID or Passport (for International Students).
- A Certified Copy of the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or National Certificate (Vocational) (NVC) or latest statements of symbols.
- A Certified Copy of Transcripts from Higher Education Degree or Courses.
- A Letter of request for Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) of any subject, please include the Subject Outcomes along with this letter (if applicable).
- A Certified Copy of National Benchmark Test (NBT) results (AL, QL & MAT).
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV), please include prior work experience with animals as well as any Leadership Positions held by the applicant and any Sporting Achievements obtained.
- Reference Letters.
- Motivational Letter (written by the applicant).
Please email these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org