Our BSc Veterinary Physiotherapy course is a 4-year full-time course. Our course is registered and accredited with the DHET, CHE, SAQA and the SAVC.
The applications for 2021 open in February 2020, students in Grade 12 can apply using their Grade 11 end of year results, till such time as their preliminary results and Final results are released. The first application closing date is on 30 June 2020 and the second application closing date is on 30 October 2020.
Only 16 students are accepted per year, and the first 10 student allocations are made in July, after the first application closing.
Applicants are required to forward latest results through to the college as soon as they receive them. Please apply using the most current marks available.
The minimum entry requirement is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) or the National Certificate (Vocational) (NCV) with Mathematics, and Physical Sciences (Physics & Chemistry) with Life Sciences as optional but preferable and levels of achievement (a minimum of 50% for these subjects is required).
Alternatively, a Higher Certificate or an Advanced Certificate or Diploma in a medical, veterinary, animal related, allied health professional or health sciences cognate field would suffice.
Any additional experience working with animals is also a plus.
The selection process is based on a point system, points are awarded for overall marks achieved at school, sporting achievements, leadership roles held and any previous studies (if applicable).
All these facets of criteria allow us to find the most well-rounded students who would thrive at the college.
The following should accompany your application form:
Please be advised that the following documents need to be submitted along with your online application before the processing of your application can commence:
- Online payment of your application fee
- A Certified Copy of ID or Passport (for International Students)
- A Certified Copy of National Senior Certificate (NSC) or National Certificate (Vocational) (NVC) or latest statements of symbols
- A Certified Copy of Transcripts from Higher Education Degree or Courses
- A Letter of request for Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) of any subjects, please include the Subject Outcomes along with this letter (if applicable)
- A Certified Copy of National Benchmark Test (NBT) results (both the AQL test and Mathematics (MAT)
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV), please include prior work experience with animals and furthermore any Leadership Positions held by the applicant and any Sporting Achievements obtained
- Reference Letters
- Motivational Letter (written by the applicant)
Please email these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org